Happy Holidays everyone!!
Christmas is one of our favorite holidays and this is our first one, so we thought it would be nice to offer some Christmas cheer and give you all something to hang over your fireplace!
Our $50.00 2014 Stuffed stocking comes with 5 games you’re sure to love playing (or gifting to friends and family). We’ve selected games that are rated above 5.5 on www.boardgamegeek.com, are easy to teach, learn and quick to play, but difficult to master. We’ve included some really fun games that play well with 2-6 players of most ages. We’ll have your stuffed stocking available for pick up at our December 14th Game Day!
2014 Stuffed stocking contents:
- Hanabi – named for the Japanese word for “fireworks” — is a cooperative game in which players try to create the perfect fireworks show by placing the cards on the table in the right order. The catch? You can’t look at your own cards!!
- Nuts! – On a turn, you first reveal the top nut card and add it to your stash. Then you play one Grab, Mayhem or Antics card on another player; that player may play a Defend card to possibly prevent your action. Instead of playing a card, you can discard any number of cards from your hand, then draw replacements from the play deck. As soon as someone has more than 20 points worth of nuts, the game ends and this player wins.
- Munchkin Loot Letter: This is a Munchkin themed version of the super popular game, Love Letter. All of the eligible young men (and many of the not-so-young) seek to woo the princess of Tempest. Unfortunately, she has locked herself in the palace, and you must rely on others to take your romantic letters to her. Will yours reach her first?
- Empire Engine – In Empire Engine, players take on the role of a mighty empire, powered by rotating gears. During the game, players simultaneously choose actions to attack, defend, salvage, export, or collect resources (goods for export, soldiers to attack your opponents and inventions to score points). Players use their gears to rotate their engines, and in each round perform the actions on the top edges of their engines. The player who scores the most points for the goods, soldiers and inventions in their score pile at the end of the game is the winner!
- Red 7 – The rules of Red are simple: Highest Card Wins! But Red is just one of seven games you’ll be playing. If you’re not winning the current game at the end of your turn, you’re out! And the last person standing wins the round. Each color card has a different win condition that you can change on a hand-by-hand basis!